Mom’s Tiny Tim Fruitcakes
Tiny Tim Fruitcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, plus more for brushing fruitcakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed light and dark raisins, soaked in bourbon overnight
- 1 1/4 cup mixed candied fruit, diced
- 1/2 cup candied pineapples and cherries, diced fine
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus additional toasted pecans for topping fruitcakes
- @ 1 cup Ateco 482 16-Ounce Fondant Mix
- Stir together with a whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, bourbon and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour and milk in three additions.
- Stir in raisins, candied fruit and nuts.
- Scoop into mini muffin cups. Bake for @ 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Brush the warm fruitcakes with about 1 cup of bourbon, and allow the cakes to cool completely. You can do this again on the day if you like- extra bourbon always helps!
- Heat the pouring fondant over a low temperature, adding a bit of simple syrup if neccessary to thin. Pour one about one teaspoon of fondant over each fruitcake to ice, then top with a toasted pecan quarter.
Happy New Year!