Muriel’s Goat Cheese and Shrimp Crepes at IFBC NOLA
Shrimp (or Crawfish) and Goat Cheese Crêpes
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato, diced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 ounce cold unsalted butter
- 40-50 small shrimp or 4 ounces crawfish tails
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and bell pepper, and sauté until softened.
- Add the tomato, garlic and Creole seasoning. If using the shrimp, add them here, and sauté just until they turn pink, then deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the cream and reduce until the sauce coats the back of the spoon. Stir in the cold butter and crawfish tails, if using them, and salt to taste. Cook to heat through, about 30 seconds more.
Goat Cheese Filling
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon shallot, minced
- ½ t garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Mix all ingredients together pipe into crepes and roll up.
- Place crepes on plate and pour sauce over crepes.
Yield: 6 crepes